Week 3 – Novus 9 to 13 1337 5A
After a weeks sojourn to heal and recuperate, you gather at one of the three inns (you guys tell me which the Broken Hilt, Three Leaves to the Wind, or the Prancing Pegasus) to share rumors and possible job opportunities the Knight’s Order members have come across during the ten-day. (Larissa choses the Three Leaves to the Wind)
Puss – A whispered conversation in an alley has uncovered the following – There’s a snot-nosed kid workin’ for Rikar, lurin’ poor souls into his clutches in the woods and looking’ all innocent later. Keeps offering 10 sp for any of the Ravens caught in the act red handed.
Crazelle – runs into a pair of Teckla Kobolds running errands – At dusk, you can hear the ghost of a jilted lover who leapt over the falls, ‘cause that’s the time the poor chap ended it all. You feel a chill and the hair on your neck start to bristle? It’s his spirit searching the living for his lost love.
Vyhev – crosses paths with a Merchant in a tavern – I heard the scum out at the landing killed a traveling cleric. They say he resisted a robber and the thief went and slashed his throat right in front of the guards.
Zusk – dips into the mind of a passing trapper – Eh – Hell’s Throat isn’t as dangerous as people say. I’ve trapped and hunted up there many times. It’s just stories spread by the Duke to keep folk from prospectin’ for silver up there. Heck them Ravens are holed up in one of dem silver mines right now, if their be any truth to the tales
Larissa’s Rumor – Stosh meets Larissa for a drink and conveys the following – Larkka, that Tiefling slave girl, I heard she’s in love with that Larzon Bayz, a draegarian fella. She’s gonna get him to buy her away from the Den of Delights. Unfortunately, that old dragonborn, ya know her master, heard that too. He gave her a beatin’ within an inch of her life. She can barely walk today.
Seiler – Met with a potential client – “I have a dozen or so Regents that I might part with if his life were suitably disrupted. More importantly the whore that he ran off, if she were to have a bad day, it might double the reward.” – Seems the ladies husband ran off to Vew with Elva from Quarrytown.
Un-concluded Business #1 Kesk the dragonborn lieutenant of the Ravens is still out somewhere with a vendetta for you wrecking the Ravens bribery attempt. Locating and arresting him could be worth the 10 sp per head due to his involvement with the Gordy Kidnapping
Unconcluded Business #2 From the Keep Board – Who wrote the note that reads I am Grond and I seek sex with sweaty, hairy dwarves. Ask for me at the Broken Hilt in flowing script. Who is Grond anyway and why would anyone want to besmirch his honor in such a fashion.
Feel free to discuss the options amongst yourselves or do some more poking about the keep. The vote will close on Wednesday and the most votes will be the adventure I prepare to run on Saturday
Stosh Forton plops down upon the bench, he says a quick prayer. He sips at his ale and cuts a slice of bread, So you added me to your charter, thank ye. I am not positive my duties will allow me to travel with you lot but if you need my advice or healing arts, I won’t let you down. Before we begin, the dragonborn scribe and interpreter, Lakar Vitisar, is looking to travel his rates are reasonable if we need his services. Alrighty, so what kind of trouble are we looking to get into this week?
Seiler, "I like Seiler’s and Vy’s. Don’t like thieves killing people for no reason. "
Stosh Forton, leans back in his chair at your words. I must admit I brought the information to Larissa hoping you would do something about the situation in Quarrytown. The Den of Delights is not the type of place Erathis intended when she guided us to found towns. I understand your desire to earn some pay, life in the keep is expensive. My own desires are to aid the poor unfortunates in Quarrytown. I give money and grain to the baker, Bavigo, to keep them fed. Many have no money to leave the area, some are exiles from the keep, and others have just fallen on hard times. Perhaps Larzon Bayz would be willing to offer a reward for his beloved, I know little of the Draegarian. Only that he came to the keep hunting a hill-giant some months ago and has not yet fulfilled his quest.
Vyhev snorts angrily “So much injustice and oppression, so little time. I will have to look into these rumors of the guards, but first, I must see about this poor girl oppressed by her masters and beaten unjustly…”
Seiler, “Yes, lets help the girl.”
Party votes to follow up with Larissa’s Rumor
- The party heard from Seiler about his new “friends” latest dilemma Anari’s arms robbery was investigated leading to more questions then answers
- Crazelle discovered the party was carrying magic items gathered from various quests
- Kesk tried to end the life of the party, but his forces seemed un-equal to the task
- Kesk claimed to having spread the rumor about the Den of Delights to draw the party to Quarrytown (Was Stosh involved or just a dupe in the process?)
- Larissa and Seiler made the others go splat by doing something cool,er and est
- Kesk fell into the brack water his body joining many of his past victims, after discovering that Vyhev does not like to be called lizard for some odd reason
- Larzon Bayz, the draegarian bought the party a drink for finishing off Kesk
- Once in the Den, the party quickly found themselves enveloped in drama
- A githyanki mage drowned his sorrows in drink, and Pus made the rounds increasing his personal wealth
- Meanwhile, Grond the mercenary was unhappy with the service he was receiving from Larkka, Fela the old-lady owner moved up to cane Larkka and Larissa felt compelled to intervene
- A panicked warlock summoned two fire elementals and while the bar burned down around them the bar fight began in earnest
- Crazelle worked diligently to free the horde of whores from their chained bed sides
- Larissa and Seiler nearly reached Dracorrin’s realm as the Raven Bruiser (A half-dragonborn, half-lizardman) pummeled them to the floor
- Savarics came to Seiler’s aid saving his life with a well placed heal check
- Meanwhile, Crazelle used her new found horde to deliver a healing potion (500 sp cost) to Larissa.
- Zul escaped thru a trap door and was followed by Pus
- While Fela’s husband swore revenge (I am going to tell Rikar (pout)) before ducking underneath the edge of the tent and fleeing
- The party mopped up the bad guys due to well placed spells by both magic users
- The others fled, with crazelle emerging under harshly barked commands from Seiler and a helping hand from Larissa only slightly the worse for wear
- The place collapsed sealing Pus in the subterranean lair to make his way out on his own